The following documents and information will be required to qualify. Our firm will assist you to insure that you understand each of this these requirements.
1. Full legal name and full contact information of U.S. company.
2. Federal tax identification number of U.S. company.
3. Full legal name and contact information of foreign parent, if any.
4. Information about the nature of the U.S. company’s business in the form of an annual report, brochures, etc.
5. Five year business plan of U.S. company including financial projections and budgeting.
6. Stock certificates, stock ledgers, or other similar evidence of ownership by the foreign parent.
7. If no foreign parent, name and nationalities of foreign owners of U.S. company along with similar evidence of ownership (stock certificates, stock ledgers, etc.).
8. Evidence of investment in the U.S. company in the form of wire transfer receipts, bank statements, etc.
9. Evidence that the U.S. company is actively investing and total investment amount in the form of payments including all payments to vendors for office supplies, equipment, utilities, rent, insurance, travel, attorneys, accountants, etc.
10. Copy of current lease for office space sufficient to conduct business in the U.S.
11. Incorporation documents of U.S. company.
12. If applicable, government issued licenses for conducting specific type of business (e.g. retail sales, liquor license, etc.).
13. Total number of U.S. employees and number of U.S. employees in valid nonimmigrant work status.
In order to qualify you as an E-2 employee of the company, please provide the following.
1. Copy of current passport.
2. Copies of diplomas/transcripts for college or university education.
3. Detailed resume listing all prior positions with duties and dates of employment.
4. Job title and description of proposed duties for U.S. company.
5. If applicable, explanation of the knowledge and expertise you have that is needed by the U.S. company to ensure its success.
6. Proposed annual salary.
Lazaro Law Group, Managing Attorney